Pumpkin Spice Loaf
Okay. FULL DISCLOSURE. If you’re worried about sugar or calories or keto or paleo or healthy things like the amount of oil in a recipe….please skip the recipe right now and don’t send me hate mail. Baked goods are best enjoyed, FULL FAT AND FULL SUGAR, in moderation. Make adjustments as you please but don’t come for my head if it doesn’t turn out right. Baking is a science!!Next – this loaf tastes the way a newborn puppy feels. It has an essence of angels and unicorns, and you can faintly taste the nectar of an angel’s teat woven within. It is moist in the best way, and the most amazing addition to your holiday breakfast feast. Or your any day feast because let’s get real – this is perfect.
- 1 cup canola/vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
- 4 tsps pumpkin pie spice (alternatively, 1 tsp EACH of cloves, nutmeg, all-spice, and cinnamon)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsps salt
- 3⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- preheat oven to 350°F
- mix all wet ingredients in a mixer until blended
- add all dry ingredients and mix well
- pour into greased loaf pans (makes 3 loaves)
- bake for 70-80 mins (dependent on oven and altitude)
- when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaves comes out clean, we’re done!
- remove from pans and cool on cooling racks
- wrap and tinfoil and freeze if needed
One thought on “Pumpkin Spice Loaf”
I wanted you to know that I have made at least 24 loaves this year and given them away as gifts. Huge hit and so easy to make. Thank you for sharing!