Healthy Energy Bites
These sweet, no bake treats take minutes to throw together, are filled with good-for-you ingredients, and make for quick, portable breakfasts and snacks. I have made dozens of batches of energy ball recipes over the years, and while I’m constantly looking for fun ways to vary them up, inevitably, they come back to this one simple, foolproof formula.
- 1 cup oats (I use quick oats)
- ½ cup nut/seed butter (I used peanut butter but using sunflower seed butter makes them school safe – you can get it at Bulk Barn for a decent price)
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- ¼ cup honey OR agave nectar (if using honey, don’t let children under age 1 eat these – and opt for agave nectar if you want to make these vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ (ISH) cup chocolate chips (or dairy free alternative)
Mix all together like a boss. Too wet? Add more oats. Too dry? Add more agave/honey.
Pop into the fridge to chill for a half hour. Then roll into balls (dip into more shredded coconut if you want to).
Bam! You did it. You can get every single one of these ingredients at Bulk Barn Foods (No, I am still not sponsored….sadly). Put a couple of these bad boys on some vanilla ice cream and you basically have yourself a salad.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.