Healthy Homemade Granola
This homemade granola is super healthy, boasts crunchy clusters, is perfect for snacking or spooning over lightly sweetened Greek yogurt. It makes a ton, freezes well, and is highly adaptable — as long as you keep the ratios the same, it’s fine to substitute any nuts, seeds, or dried fruits that you like.
- 2½ cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1½ cups wheat germ
- 3 tbsps chia seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsps sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps sesame seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries (can use dried cherries or dried blueberries as well)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I use a silicone baking mat, a Silpat)
- Mix all wet ingredients and dry ingredients together separately and then combine and coat evenly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake 30-35 mins until golden brown, stirring every 10 mins while it bakes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Add dried cranberries and mix.
- Can be stored in an airtight container (I use mason jars) at room temperature for a few weeks. Makes 10 cups.