If you don’t like tacos, I’m nacho type.
Tacos are one of our family’s top 5 foods. Taco Tuesday should be a national holiday. And while every decent human loves tacos, have you heard of it’s smarter, wittier, and more attractive sibling, taco pie? It’s in our meal plan every few weeks.
It is so easy and soooooo delicious.
- soft tortilla wraps
- ground meat or alternatives
- taco seasoning
- taco additions of your choosing (corn, onions, wild rice, black beans, bell peppers, etc)
- lettuce, tomatoes, olives
- sour cream and salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook your ground meat up (or your veggie/vegan alternatives) with spices, corn, onions, wild rice, black beans, red peppers) and set aside.
- Grate a bunch of cheese.
- Then you pull out your pie plate and put a soft tortilla shell on the bottom.
- Layer some meat, sprinkle cheese, top with another tortilla shell, add the meat and cheese, etc.
- Add queso in between layers if you wanna take this pie to the next level.
- Repeat 4 times. (A recent addendum to this for us is to double up on tortilla shells – so do 2 tortilla shells every layer – and it adds way more structure and crunch to the pie). Then you just bake at 375°F for about 25-30 mins. Cut like a pie and top with sour cream and if you also top with tomatoes, lettuce, shredded carrot/cilantro, or avocado, this becomes salad. It’s science.
- Eat and enjoy!