The Best *Microwaved* Potatoes Ever
Yes, I see you cringing right now. Yes, I was skeptical too. But if you have ever trusted the process of a recipe on the internet, try this one. I promise. They are delicious (and if you have any leftovers which is unlikely, fry them up for breakfast the next morning and thank me later)
- 1/4-1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- (I didn't add amounts above, because I feel like carbs and butter and spices should be measured with your heart and not restrained by the metric system. Measure that ish with your heart.)
- Cube up a good pile of nugget potatoes and put them in a microwave safe dish (I use Corningware).
- Add in a few pats of butter, and a good shake or three of your fave spices. I love paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add in your soy sauce and stir.
- Next - lid on, and put the dish into the microwave. It needs four, 5-minute internals in the microwave on high - 20 minutes total - with a stir at the end of each 5 minute interval. Make sure to use oven mitts, the dish will be hot.
- Enjoy the most flavourful potatoes ever.
- Can you make these in the oven? I have no idea. I have only ever used the microwave and know the exact timing and results with this method only. If you try another method, share a comment and let me know how it went!