WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Site: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. We only collect Personal Information where you voluntarily provide it. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Site. For example, when you use the Site, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Site. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Site. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Site.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Site;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Site;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Site may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Site currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Site usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Akismet – We use the Akismet anti-spam service to check comments submitted to our website for spam content. The information they collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, email address and the comment itself).
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Site’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law or as set out in this policy, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Site or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add a link to your website.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Site, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Site may be entirely usable.
- Display Ads
- Retargeting Ads
- Affiliate Program Participation
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Bows and Bentos is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Site will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales. At no extra cost to you, Bows and Bentos may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Bows and Bentos is also a participant in other affiliate programs, including Commission Junction, Shareasale, Refersion, Goaffpro, Rakutan, and others.
On the Site, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
- Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: January 28, 2021
Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Links to Third Party Sites & Services
You acknowledge that all content and materials available on this Site, including the selection, co-ordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as content original to it, are protected by national and international copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, patent registration rights, trade secrets, know-how or other proprietary rights and laws and are owned by us or our licensors or we have obtained the necessary permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on our Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly agree that all material and information provided through this site (“Content”) is provided on “as is” and “as available” basis and that there is no representation or warranty, express or implied on the part of Bows and Bentos in respect of such Content.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Bows and Bentos, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, consultants and licensees be liable for any damages, whether legal, equitable or otherwise arising from the use or inability to use any Content on this site.
By choosing to access the Site from any location other than Canada, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all local laws that are applicable. Bows and Bentos makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Canada, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
Choice of Law
Integration and Severability
Unauthorized Use and Termination
You agree to use the Site only for authorized and legal activities. Bows and Bentos reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site, with or without notice and for any reason whatsoever.
Privacy and Disclosure
- By email: email@example.com