Literally no holiday menu is complete without marshmallow confetti butterscotch squares. These taste like your childhood, even if you’ve never eaten them – you can imagine having them at your granny’s house. They are insanely easy to make and next to impossible to fork up the recipe. If you’re doing the holidays on a budget (aren’t we all?), these make an extremely easy and delicious gift idea. I give them every year and they win over even the toughest foodies.
Marshmallow Confetti Butterscotch Squares
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter (margarine works just fine)
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (white or rainbow)
- In a double boiler (or a normal pot, if you're a boss like me), melt your butter and then add peanut butter and butterscotch chips. Stir frequently.
- Add flaked coconut and cool slightly (we don't want the mixture so hot it will melt the marshmallows).
- Add marshmallows to a large bowl. Pour butterscotch mixture over your marshmallows and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into a greased (or parchment papered) 9"x12" pan.
- Put into the fridge until fully chilled and then cut into squares.